05:17 UTC+0, 2024-05-18
  • Page 1 of 2
  • »
Forums » Gaming » Gaming Events » [Arma2] co12 - Unconventional (Sunday, 15.09.13, 1545 UTC)
[Arma2] co12 - Unconventional
BoooneDate: Saturday, 2013-09-07, 00:08 | Message # 1
Group: Lieutenant
Awards: 0
General Information

Date and Times
Date: Sunday, 15.09.13
Leader's meeting: 1530 UTC
Gathering on TS3 (everyone): 1545 UTC
Start of the event: 1600 UTC
The event may take up to 4 hours, depending on the leader's decisions. Expected time is about 2 hours.

Classification
Players with access to our Arma2 server; sign-up required.

Organizer
Booone

Requirements to join
Working equipment, TS3 and Arma2 set up to play on our server.
Required Mods (through SIX):
• @ACE + @ACEX + @ACEX_RU + @ACEX_USNavy + @ACEX_SM
• @ACRE
• @CBA_CO
• @JayArma2Lib
See: http://ast.ucoz.org/forum/15-721-1 for installation instructions.

Server
AST|Tactical Server

Content

List of Slots
Finnish Army
#1 Squad Leader
#2 Machinegunner
#3 Assistant Gunner
#4 Combat Medic

#5 Team Leader
#6 Machinegunner
#7 Assistant Gunner
#8 Rifleman

Vehicles
2 x Land Rover Defender (7 seats, unarmored, unarmed)

Up to 3 slot wishes are possible, they will be regarded in chronological order. Which slot of those you signed up you will get in the end will be the decision of the organizer.

Background
(Note that this is not the full briefing and is only supposed to give an outline of what happens in the mission.)
Multiple terrorist attacks have been happening in Finland over the last couple of hours. The scarcely populated island of Thirsk has been struck an hour ago. You are stationed in the local military base with your platoon and are called to respond to the city of Thirsk immediately to secure for emergency forces from the mainland to assist.

Technical Information
• Epinephrine and morphine can be used by everyone
• Medkits can only be used by the medic
• Full heal in the field

RaptorDate: Saturday, 2013-09-07, 00:47 | Message # 2
Group: Commander
#10, #1, #7

"Teamwork is essential, it gives them someone else to shoot at."
Murphy's Laws of Combat #9

LecterDate: Saturday, 2013-09-07, 07:43 | Message # 3
Group: NCO
4#8#11# not sure if I will be there 50% chance.

May the forces of evil become confused on the way to your house

,,Not a single chainsaw was given that day...''

WarriorDate: Saturday, 2013-09-07, 13:41 | Message # 4
Group: Enlisted
#2 #10 #7

SAS_FluffyDate: Saturday, 2013-09-07, 16:05 | Message # 5
Group: Ally
#3 #2 #8

VikingDate: Monday, 2013-09-09, 19:54 | Message # 6
Preferably #2        (in worst cases #6 or #12)

BoooneDate: Friday, 2013-09-13, 22:48 | Message # 7
Full briefing: https://www.dropbox.com/s/4t01vi7zk81iq1f/Briefing.pdf

This briefing has been handed out to every soldier of the squad. The information previously in the first post is overridden by what it says in the briefing file, should there be any correlations.

The pre-final roster is currently visible in the first post. All positions set now will not change anymore unless requested. Further sign-ups are still possible.

RaptorDate: Saturday, 2013-09-14, 13:04 | Message # 8
Group: Commander
Request for clarification to the Platoon HQ:
Do we consider the PMC “Trigeno” rather as hostile or friendly?

Heads-Up for Fire Team Leaders:
I intend to use the Squad Formations shown in this video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OKRues4Fwrk

For the Squad Column I’ll will assign the side of the AR of the leading team. The AR of the following team takes the opposing side. So that we have one AR at the left and one AR at the right flank of the formation. (FTL are responsible to ensure that their AR is at the correct side.)

For the Squad Line I’ll assign one side (left or right) for one team which will become the base team. The second team takes the other side and orientates it’s movement (in particular speed) on the first team. Note that RFLM and AR swap positions so that again both flanks are covered by an AR. Note further that the fire team wedge is not as deep as usual (almost a line), so we can concentrate all firepower to the front.

Furthermore I advise to read FM 3-21.8 http://www.globalsecurity.org/militar....ex.html Chapter 1 Section III “Infantry Fire Team” and “Infantry Squad”.

You are responsible for the loadout of your fireteam within the following minimum constraints (i.e. your team members carry at least this, provided that the EQ is available):
- everyone: basic medic EQ (1 Bandage, 1 Bandage Kit, 1 CAT in the IFAK, 1 Morphine, 1 Epinephrine)
- FTL, GRN, RFLM, SDM: 15* 30Rnd Stanag Mags, 2 Frag and 2 white Smoke Grenades
- FTL: rangefinder (plus 2 batteries), colored smoke (2 blue, 1 red, 1 yellow)
- AR: 1000 Rounds (preferably tracer) and a spare barrel, 1 Frag, 1 white Smoke
- GRN: 12 HEDP, 2 red, 2 yellow, 4 purple smoke nades for the underbarrel launcher and a rangefinder
- RFLM: 400 Rounds for the AR
- SDM: 400 Rounds for the AR and a range finder if available
Moreover both teams will have to carry some explosives to blow up suspected IEDs and weapon stashes if necessary (probably incendiary grenades). Maximum weight for everyone will probably be 35 KG (should fit with the EQ above, but I didn't test it yet.)

I want the ARs to carry exactly: M249 with 1000 Rounds (preferably tracer) and a spare barrel, 1 Frag, 1 white Smoke, basic medical EQ. Their weight will be the maximum weight for all team members. (Can’t currently play and check how heavy this EQ is, hence I might modify it slightly tomorrow.)

The medic (and the MG attachment) will be equipped by me. Probably we won’t store further EQ in the vehicles.

"Teamwork is essential, it gives them someone else to shoot at."
Murphy's Laws of Combat #9

Message edited by Raptor - Saturday, 2013-09-14, 13:32

BoooneDate: Saturday, 2013-09-14, 14:09 | Message # 9
SFC Peterson (Platoon Sgt): "We've had encounters with Trigeno before. They know of our presence and we of theirs, they know not to interfere. Consider them friendly, but don't let your guard down, and observe them, should you come in contact."

SAS_FluffyDate: Sunday, 2013-09-15, 07:01 | Message # 10
*Sigh, dont know that Ill make it, got a call from my boss earlier and I need to go in to work 1 hr before the event. Dont know if Ill be home in time.

Forums » Gaming » Gaming Events » [Arma2] co12 - Unconventional (Sunday, 15.09.13, 1545 UTC)
  • Page 1 of 2
  • »
Search:

Communications