09:17 UTC+0, 2024-04-16
Forums » Gaming » Gaming Events » [TD] Gaming Session - Release Party (20th, 21st and 22nd September)
[TD] Gaming Session - Release Party
RaptorDate: Sunday, 2013-09-01, 13:32 | Message # 1
Group: Commander
Awards: 0
Topic: TakeDown Release Party

Date and Time:
20th, 21st and 22nd September, time for each day is flexible

Classification:
public, everyone is welcome

Organizer:
Raptor

Requirements to join:
- finish the in-game tutorial and training missions to get familiar with the controls
- do NOT play further missions (see below)
- working Microphone

Server:
hopefully AST|Testing Server wink

Content:
TakeDown is coming, and I would really like to explore the game with friends in MP wink
So here is the plan: everyone plays only the tutorials and trainings alone in Singleplayer to set up controls and such basic stuff. And then we try to rock the COOP missions in Multiplayer together. It will be a really cool challenge: testing our tactics and SOPs together as team in a brand new game. Zero map knowledge, except the one from the briefing. Plus no knowledge about odd or predictable AI behaviour. It’s like 6 LiveOps at one weekend.
Hence I’m asking everyone who wants to participate here explicitly to NOT play a map (or scout it via YouTube) before we played it in the event series! The game will ship with 6 maps, so we can play 2 brand new maps at 3 evenings or 3 brand new maps at 2 evenings (ofc several rounds per map). Should I hear a comment based on map knowledge, like “There is always a sniper in that window.” or “There is a another room not marked at the floor plan.”, during the first round on a new map, the concerned player will be kicked from the event and banned permanently on the AST TD server!

Sign up is not required, but helps planning and ensures that you get a slot. Please enter the times that you’ll be available in the according schedule, so that we can find the time for each day when most players are able to participate.

Participants:
Friday 20.09.
Time: 18:00 UTC warm up, 18:30 COOP Killhouse + HQ
#1: Raptor
#2: Luis (until 20:00 UTC)
#3: ITS|DC5
#4: ITS|Recon (VIP, back-stage access)
#5: ITS|November
#6:
Unsure: ITS|Recon

Saturday 21.09.
Time: 14:00 UTC warmup if needed, then COOP Biolab + Radar Station
#2: Luis
#3: Warrior
#4: ITS|DC5
#5: ITS|Jack
#6: Kingcab
Unsure: ITS|Recon

Sunday 22.09.
Time: 14:00 UTC warmup if needed, then COOP Facility + Cargo
#2: Luis
#3: Warrior
#4: ITS|DC5
#5: ITS|Jack
#6: Kingcab (only before 16:45 UTC)
Unsure: SAS_Master, ITS|Recon

"Teamwork is essential, it gives them someone else to shoot at."
Murphy's Laws of Combat #9

Message edited by Raptor - Saturday, 2013-09-21, 01:34

LuisDate: Sunday, 2013-09-01, 16:09 | Message # 2
Group: NCO
Not Sure, 11th grade is comming and I need to focus this year, nevertheless I will try to be there at 21st & 22nd. Not sure about 20th...

20th -> I didnt recieved my schedual yet so I need to know what times im going to leave the classes. I will keep you posted at after what time I can join.

Summary:
sign me up for 21st and 22nd, I will mostlikely be there unless something comes up
20th -> I will let you know when i recieve my schedual

Message edited by KingLuis123 - Sunday, 2013-09-01, 16:10

WarriorDate: Monday, 2013-09-02, 11:35 | Message # 3
Group: Enlisted
Sign me up for saturday and sunday.

RaptorDate: Tuesday, 2013-09-03, 07:55 | Message # 4
ITS DC5 suggested to do a 10-20 minutes warm up round in PvP-mode to test weapons, gadgets and such stuff. I like the idea. Only issue is: I'm not sure whether there will be a dedicated PvP map which is not part of a Coop map as well. Anyway we can still decide for or against this idea spontaneously when the event starts.

LuisDate: Tuesday, 2013-09-03, 10:59 | Message # 5
The map "Killhouse", which Serellan did a small fly trough...

INFORM YOURSELF MR.RAPTOR!! =P

Jack0725Date: Saturday, 2013-09-14, 13:36 | Message # 6
Group: Enlisted
I'm in, possibly all 3 days (depends on time).

"Dunon eddi aidulegos
Treba ansra nu eddi onnas
Druco-critus me gabici
Rac senoxs auagomos
Aue, aue, inte noxtin"

Message edited by Jack0725 - Saturday, 2013-09-14, 13:37

KingcabDate: Saturday, 2013-09-14, 22:03 | Message # 7
Group: Civilian

Hi, I found out about this clan today from the takedown forums. I've been looking at your forums the whole evening and I'm thinking of sending in an application. Before I do that though I really would like to play with you guys, just to get a look at how you play. I don't have swat 4 but i have pre-ordered takedown and if you guys allow me I would be totally down for playing with you guys on release. I don't really have any tactical experience but i will read up on your tactics before friday.

-Kingcab

RaptorDate: Saturday, 2013-09-14, 23:07 | Message # 8
First of all welcome to our forum  #Advertisement_Success cool

Do you have time at all 3 days?
I honestly did not expect tactical newcomers to find their way here. It's nice that you want to read about our tactics, but still it requires some practice to do things right. And I am afraid that we will be busy to get familar with the game ourselfes at the first evening (Friday), and hence we will not really have time to teach you the basics. Therefore I suggest that you join us Saturday and Sunday, and we show you the ropes then. Is that ok for you?

KingcabDate: Sunday, 2013-09-15, 10:46 | Message # 9
Group: Civilian

That would be great! I should be able to join anytime on saturday but on sunday I will be busy from 6.45pm GMT+2, so anytime before that should be okay.

-Kingcab

LuisDate: Sunday, 2013-09-15, 11:02 | Message # 10
G, Thanks Luis for the big signature you placed on ur takedown forums account. =P

Forums » Gaming » Gaming Events » [TD] Gaming Session - Release Party (20th, 21st and 22nd September)
Search:

Communications