07:17 UTC+0, 2024-04-23
Forums » Discussions » Tactics and Techniques » Realism of Crouching/Kneeling
Realism of Crouching/Kneeling
LuisDate: Tuesday, 2013-11-26, 14:49 | Message # 11
Group: NCO
Awards: 0
Thats not what i said... Lets say a squad is composed by : "X" , "Y" & "Z"

In stealth movement the pointman is crouched so "X" crouched Y & Z standing

There is no point on moving with the pointman crouched is there? since the suspects could see Y & Z if X is crouched...I sugest we swap the movement into a police shoulder on shoulder stack. It seems way more realistic...

=====Edit====

If the whole team is standing it would provide a faster movement even on a stealth aproach ofc it would block the 2nd man line of sight but the police shoulder on shoulder should fix that...

Message edited by Luis - Tuesday, 2013-11-26, 14:51

RaptorDate: Tuesday, 2013-11-26, 18:04 | Message # 12
Group: Commander
Your intial statement referred to real life, hence I asked if this issue is somehow different in-game.

Anyway with "stealth movements" I meant "stealth entry" in the first place. The pointman crouches so the coverman can cover. Standing shoulder to shoulder wouldn't work there, because the coverman would have a door frame in his face. Need to think about whether there are other stealth movements were this argument applies.

Btw: welcome Master, nice to see you finally finished your registration smile

"Teamwork is essential, it gives them someone else to shoot at."
Murphy's Laws of Combat #9

LuisDate: Wednesday, 2013-11-27, 12:02 | Message # 13
Well thats a different subject then... I was refering to stealth movements in general well Stealth movement to be more specific as in the way we move in formation not in a stack up.

TheIceManDate: Wednesday, 2013-11-27, 13:50 | Message # 14
Awards: 1
Well we can do everyone in standing possition even in stealth movement and if we are forced to enter the room we can do the same thing as we do in dynamic entries but not running..So it would like like that: Pointman clear behind the door (if door is) Coverman goes oppostite side if clear they regroup in a room and continue... I have a link some guys played SWAT 4 like that: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8-jvstHWMd4

No Retreat No Surrender

RaptorDate: Wednesday, 2013-11-27, 14:38 | Message # 15
That's still a dynamic entry, just dry and slow (imho too slow in Swat4). The point of our stealth entries is that we do not commit to the room. We had this discussion before: http://ast.ucoz.org/forum/21-656-1

TheIceManDate: Wednesday, 2013-11-27, 14:49 | Message # 16
ok so I would prefer triangle form..or wedge form..almost the same.

No Retreat No Surrender

BoooneDate: Wednesday, 2013-11-27, 18:01 | Message # 17
Group: Lieutenant
Quote TheIceMan ()
almost the same.

... except that then you can't hug the wall anymore and give yourself an even bigger profile. I don't think expanding it into something like a wedge or a triangle is helpful in CQB.

TheIceManDate: Wednesday, 2013-11-27, 19:20 | Message # 18
Sure..you are right...thats why we would use this only on hallways and big open areas...in CQB there is mostly use "TheLine" but all operators standing..we could solve this as Luis say shoulder on shoulder but only Pointman and Coverman rest would be in a line behind them...you basically in a game it would be very tight square with RG...if my imagination is not mistaken...

No Retreat No Surrender

RaptorDate: Wednesday, 2013-11-27, 20:51 | Message # 19
Don't see the square there, but ok. And we should call it a column. A line means operators next to each other, a column behind each other.

TheIceManDate: Wednesday, 2013-11-27, 21:01 | Message # 20
Well you can have vertical or horizontal line...But ok...anyway we should try it soon during training...

No Retreat No Surrender

Forums » Discussions » Tactics and Techniques » Realism of Crouching/Kneeling
Search:

Communications