22:37 UTC+0, 2024-04-19
  • Page 2 of 2
  • «
Forums » Discussions » Tactics and Techniques » Content - Translating some Russian materials
Content - Translating some Russian materials
Jack0725Date: Saturday, 2014-04-19, 14:38 | Message # 11
Group: Enlisted
Awards: 0
Material from blog (gee, I didn't translate anything for quite a long time). Snipers

Now I'm gonna write some newbish things here. I'm not a sniper. Let's make it perfectly clear to reduce the amount of idiots. There are snipers and there are people with sniper rifles. That's really a big difference. Second: you need to know that it is also a big difference between counter-sniping and a wish to not get shot.

Now, in Chechnya there were plenty of people with sniper rifles, but not too many snipers. What's the difference? If you shot from a gun - you knowthat firing from more than 600 meters and hitting an enemy is a problem. You need to know your weapon, your ammo, know how to "read" weather and landscape. You need to learn how to shoot accurately from big distance. Only an experienced soldier can do this shot. So, if we're talking about people who just grabbed some sniper rifles accidently - you can split them at 2 groups:

- Those who waste mag after mag without any reason, missing everything - screw them. You must kill those individuals until they adjust their fire. It's not too hard, we'll talk a bit later about it.
- And those who understand that they can't hit anyone and they must get closer. There were incidents when those "snipers" got killed from AR fire. Which means the distance was about 300-400 meters.

Things happen, but mostly people don't understand what is sniper rifle and why do they need one. Troubles start from there.

Now I'll talk about real snipers. Gonna kill your hopes about it. You can't really kill them before they start to act. There is special electronic stuff, nobody saw it in action in Russian troops. All work against snipers starts after first shots were fired. And this work is splited in 3 ways: goofy, naive and real. Goofy one is when artillery makes some boom in approximate square when sniper was last seen. I saw this show in Khankala. It was funny. But useless, of course. Naive is when 3-4 persons like me are sent to make an ambush. It worked several times with dushmans*. The thing is that in mountains there's not much positions that can be taken by a sniper, so sometimes those monkeys took same positions several times. You moving out on this place, you find his position, you find a way to this position, you make yourself comfortable, you wait.  Real one is when sniper couple or three persons are sent for hunting. One or two snipers and a coverman with assault rifle or machine gun. So everything except the naive one requires a company behind you. You don't have that much choices.

A few simple things. Even a very stupid dushman understands that you must kill a leader first. But nobody runs around the mountains in service cap and ceremonial uniform, so they shoot in those who scream louder, waving their hands etc. I hope everyone understand that you must not smoke in nights (let's skip these things as obvious ones). Those dushmans who are smarter know that first target is not a leader, but a sniper. So I'm not recommend you to take a sniper rifle «just in case» or «give it to me for couple of seconds, I'll just make a photo». Then automatic riflemen and medics follows on the list (and if they were smarter, they would kill medics and automatic riflemen, in this particular order). As for street fight: I'll add some bright colors here. Everything's not that bad. In the city there are plenty of ways to die, sniper is no more dangerous than a rifleman, for example. Besides, from a personal experience - attach a PSO sights to an AK-74 rifle and use it for a sniper rifle for a street fight. Pros: you're not «interesting» for enemy snipers because of fire sound, high fire speed, low recoil which means fast change of target, next window, for example. Now yankees use this technology for their M-4 guns. They used to attach collimators with, now they use optics, we use it for about 15 years and they came to it just now smile

Some useful links**:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yybO2dRnWD8

A good film. A useful one, really great for novices.

http://www.vrazvedka.ru/training/question/72-lonsdeyl.html

There is some text, so you can understand that it is really a pain in the ass to be a sniper. BTW, you can learn a lot about about their tactics. Of course, it is OUR*** sniper tactics.

Something like that I don't actually understand how can I teach something in this way. I don't actually understand what do you want from me. You can fight against snipers only by ambushes or with other snipers. And it is a randomness to not to get shot, if you're not a complete idiot, of course. Just remember that Rangers battalion has only 36 sniper rifles. It doesn't mean that they got 36 snipers there, by the way. So snipers are doing mostly fear in young soldiers minds, than real actions.

*Dushman - "enemy" from Taji and Pashto language. Came from Afghanistan to Russian army, Chechen fighters were also called like that.
**The links are on Russian.
***By "our" tactic Russian one is meant.

"Dunon eddi aidulegos
Treba ansra nu eddi onnas
Druco-critus me gabici
Rac senoxs auagomos
Aue, aue, inte noxtin"

Message edited by Jack0725 - Saturday, 2014-04-19, 15:17

Jack0725Date: Wednesday, 2014-04-23, 15:51 | Message # 12
Material from blog. Bunch of advices, part 1
- Remember: if an officer screams at you - that's normal. Don't need to scream back. It gets really bad when friendlies shoot at you. It happens because you can't be always sure where friendlies and where enemies are. Battles get more maneuver and positions are changing constantly. You can keep killing each other until HQ won't listen to radio chatter more carefully and recognize that you shooting at friendlies. So yeah, it happens. And don't complain to your "enemy", they didn't like it too.
- Remember to keep your weapon safe. Change your fire mode only if you shoot or take point (but YOU won't probably be placed there, your leaders won't gonna risk). If someone walks with you at the same column with weapon which isn't safe – correct him. DO NOT TOUCH HIS WEAPON. Convince him with your words, tell him about safe mode. IF he tells you to f*ck off - it's your choice: you can tell it to seargeant or officer, you can leave, whatever you wish. But remember that a lot of guys became 200* because of pricks who can't handle their weapon right. On the other hand, a soldier who you complained on can shoot you himself some day. It's your call. Better solve it for yourself.
- NEVER point your gun at your mates. Even as "joke", even in safe mode, even without clip. You will be "punished" for this trick.
- AK has three fire modes. It's safe, automatic and semi-automatic fire. If you change your fire mode in panic, it'll probably be semi-automatic. That was made so soldier who sh*t his pants in fear won't waste his mag in two seconds. Remember that.
- АК safety catch has pretty nasty sound. If you want to change it quietly - pull it and move smoothly to desired fire mode (it's almost always a semi-automatic).
- Jump before moving out. Check if nothing makes niose in your gear. Cartridge must be in chamber and weapon should be on safe mode.  
- IF YOU CAN'T SEE ENEMY - DON'T SHOOT!
- АК-47 and АК-74 isn't a same thing. They got different calibres. 5,45*39 (АК74) is more pleasant to shoot with, but the bullet is light and has more chances of ricochet. 7,62*39 (АК47) is more «wooden», but it doesn't ricochet, in thickets it is really great.

*200 - KIA, 300 - WIA in Russian military slang

"Dunon eddi aidulegos
Druco-critus me gabici
Rac senoxs auagomos
Aue, aue, inte noxtin"

Jack0725Date: Thursday, 2014-05-08, 15:10 | Message # 13
Material from blog - bunch of advises, part 2
- Don't be a douche. Learn firing table of your weapon. The bullet doesn't flies straight, it have a ballistic trajectory. So a smart determination of distance to the target and firing tables knowledge is a good opportunity to hit the target quickly.
- The wind influences on bulelt trajectory. Learn the wind influence on your weapon BEFORE the battle, not during it and by guess.
- Take same weapon (same caliber) as what you comrades have. Your ammo is limited and it can be spent very fast, expecially in city combat, so if someone can give you some ammo – it is really good. If your comrade has been killed, you can take his ammo (ask permission from your leader first).
- Remember that magsplaced on chest and stomach can be an additional protection.
- Vest is very good. Any vest. Even used up one.
- If a bullet stroke you in your vest – it doesn't mean that it saved you. Your ribs will be broken 90% sure. Viscera rupture is possible. So if you don't have a hole in your body – it's not a reason for joy. It can be that a hole would be «preferable» to you.
- Don't touch RPGs. It is hard to shoot from them. Leave it to more experienced comrades.
- You can spot the smoker in 70-100 meters by spending several days on fresh air. Kill this habit.
- If you hear something – you stop the group and «give silence». Listen carefully. Even if you stop the group each 5 mikes, only douchebags will say something to you.
- You never stand when you stop. You must stand on your knee or prone. You can become tired of this, but it's matter of survival of whole team. If someone is too lazy to sit – punch him right in the face.
- You must not hold you finger on the trigger, even if the weapon is on safe.
- When you run - place your gun on you arms and put them on your chest as cross. It is easier to carry the gun this way. Thumb of right hand must always be ready to put the weapon on fire mode, and you must always be ready to point it on enemy
- AR belt must always be on your belt. Or else, if you caught in ambush, most likely there will be a mine explosion - you'll fly right and your gun flies left and you turn into 200 instead of light 300.
- Don't sleep at your post. If you will, not only enemies would want to kill you. In WW2 you would be officially shot for this and for lose of your weapon. Nowadays you will be shot unofficially.
- You can piss on your knees, so you won't expose yourself.
- ONLY two people go to WC. One sh*ts - other covers. If noone wants to cover you - overcome.
- Sneeze quietly. Don't fart.
- Who runs slow - dies fast.

"Dunon eddi aidulegos
Druco-critus me gabici
Rac senoxs auagomos
Aue, aue, inte noxtin"

Message edited by Jack0725 - Thursday, 2014-05-08, 15:10

RyeDate: Friday, 2014-05-09, 07:54 | Message # 14
Group: Registered
Are you 100% sure this guy was ex-Spetsnaz?

Jack0725Date: Friday, 2014-05-09, 13:30 | Message # 15
Quote Rye ()
Are you 100% sure this guy was ex-Spetsnaz?

We can't be 100% sure in anything.
Yeah, I know, some of this might sound funny.

"Dunon eddi aidulegos
Druco-critus me gabici
Rac senoxs auagomos
Aue, aue, inte noxtin"

Jack0725Date: Sunday, 2014-06-22, 11:33 | Message # 16

"Dunon eddi aidulegos
Druco-critus me gabici
Rac senoxs auagomos
Aue, aue, inte noxtin"

Forums » Discussions » Tactics and Techniques » Content - Translating some Russian materials
  • Page 2 of 2
  • «
Search:

Communications