12:58 UTC+0, 2024-03-29
Forums » Gaming » Gaming Events » SAS-Mod Contest
SAS-Mod Contest
JackDate: Tuesday, 2012-07-24, 02:54 | Message # 11
Group: Registered
Awards: 0
So rap when will the contest take place?

RaptorDate: Tuesday, 2012-07-24, 07:53 | Message # 12
Group: Commander
Whenever ETS has his team ready wink

Btw I forgot to post: SOG won't take part in the contest, they are afraid that they can't gather enough memebers (lots of them are playing versus modes).

"Teamwork is essential, it gives them someone else to shoot at."
Murphy's Laws of Combat #9

SokolDate: Monday, 2012-07-30, 10:00 | Message # 13
Group: Ally
|ETS| Team :
Struis (team captain)
Captain
Justicar
Hunter
Sokol
Reyb
Gas21
ToxicDoom
Ubik

RaptorDate: Wednesday, 2012-08-01, 13:27 | Message # 14
Seems like all 3 teams are ready, so let's start.

Quote (Raptor)
- in the first week all teams chose the secret map and prepare briefings inclusive a timelimit ("preparation week")

I suggest you pack the mapfiles and briefing stuff in an archive file like WinRar with a password. Upload the file (at rapidshare or similar sites) and post the download link here. The password is revealed about 10 minutes before the according team wants to play.
Make sure that your server has the map installed wink

If there are any suggestions or arguments about the contest rules, this is the last week to speak about it. Would be really unhandy to change the rules after the first round has started biggrin

SokolDate: Monday, 2012-08-06, 13:28 | Message # 15
I'm not sure if I or anyone else have mentioned this but our server is kind of bugged. For some reason it is not possible to equip Arwen37 (GL) and P90. If you choose any of these two weapons it gets replaced by MP5.
Me and Hunter both checked server configuration and server files and there are no replacements.
We contacted KeLLeR but he is offline (I think on vacation) so we can't fix this issue.

I don't know how will this affect the contest since each team will have to play our map on our server that has GL and P90 'disabled'.
Should our map be played on SAS or AST server? Should we add an equipment restriction for GL for all teams?

RaptorDate: Monday, 2012-08-06, 17:27 | Message # 16
That's an odd bug. Are you sure that there is no restriction given in the server config? (mb I can help you with that issue tomorrow, I'm not at home atm)

If we can't fix this bug, either all teams have to play your map with this eq-restriction or all teams play your map on a different server. Problem with the second option: the map needs to be installed on the server. At AST-server I'm the only one who could do that. Not sure about SAS, but I think only Nick could install new maps there.

SokolDate: Monday, 2012-08-06, 18:11 | Message # 17
Quote (Raptor)
Are you sure that there is no restriction given in the server config?

I can check it again but I'm sure there is no replacement/restriction.

I am fine with option 1 and about option 2 yeah, might be problem.

StruisDate: Wednesday, 2012-08-22, 14:37 | Message # 18
Our server problems are fixed. We also have our map/briefing ready, so just let us know when the week for round 1 is about to start.

Added (22/08/2012, 2:37 PM)
---------------------------------------------
So... when is the week for round one actually starting?

RaptorDate: Wednesday, 2012-08-22, 17:14 | Message # 19
Well, if the SAS guys agree we could start next Monday 27.08. with the contest. Matt?

ShadowManuDate: Thursday, 2012-08-23, 05:16 | Message # 20
Group: NCO
Copied from News:

Attempting to push the Contest to start, a new panel behind the chat box (Incoming Report) has been added. It has the sub-sections Status for giving info about the general situation and achievements, Next Events for scheduled rounds, Mission to post the password-protected content, and the rosters settled by each team.

And I may ask:
EVERY TEAM READY FOR CONTEST?

Forums » Gaming » Gaming Events » SAS-Mod Contest
Search:

Communications