04:52 UTC+0, 2024-04-18
  • Page 1 of 1
Forums » Discussions » Casual Discussions » Ground Branch
Ground Branch
RaptorDate: Sunday, 2012-06-03, 19:58 | Message # 1
Group: Commander
Awards: 0
I guess there is little hope for Swat5, but this one here looks pretty promising: http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/670743543/ground-branch

I just stumbled over it in the SAS forum ( http://www.sasclan.org/modules.php?name=Forums&file=viewtopic&t=10763 ), but my first impression is: really cool.
I'll have a closer look at this project later for sure wink

"Teamwork is essential, it gives them someone else to shoot at."
Murphy's Laws of Combat #9

ShadowManuDate: Monday, 2012-06-04, 01:28 | Message # 2
Group: NCO
Doesn't look bad at all.. But I wonder if they can reach the money goal they proposed... Either way, I think the idea is great: most actual games just look to look awesome, and not to really BE awesome (at least in what in the tactical games genre we look everyday).

LecterDate: Monday, 2012-06-04, 08:16 | Message # 3
Group: NCO
Thats very cool! And they are building it on unreal engine 3. I might be able to run it.

May the forces of evil become confused on the way to your house

,,Not a single chainsaw was given that day...''

CerberusDate: Monday, 2012-06-04, 11:10 | Message # 4
Group: Registered
Swat5?

OppturDate: Monday, 2012-06-04, 11:17 | Message # 5
No chance.. 405495$ in 32 days is A LOT. Only a miracle would save us. Anyway, I still hope they will release the game (at an acceptable price, of course).

Message edited by Opptur - Monday, 2012-06-04, 11:26

SAS_RandomDate: Monday, 2012-06-04, 12:07 | Message # 6
This Ground Branch title has been kicking around for years. I have long-ago written this off to wishful thinking. A project this many years in the making, is not where I would sink my money. Maybe if the pot was mostly full, I'd help push it over the top, but with the majority of the funds not invested, this is one I'd personally stay away from.

SAS_Vet_Random
Lt. Colonel (Retired)
22nd SAS Elite Virtual Regiment
www.sasclan.org

RaptorDate: Monday, 2012-06-04, 12:26 | Message # 7
Group: Commander
Quote (SAS_Random)
Maybe if the pot was mostly full, I'd help push it over the top, but with the majority of the funds not invested, this is one I'd personally stay away from.

I didn't get that argument. Have you read how this kickstart thing works? You make only a pledge to give money. If they reach their goal, everyone who plegded must pay the amount he plegded. If they fail their goal, no one has to pay anything. That means they receive and you loose money if and only if they achieve their "plegde-goal".
So I see no difference if you try to support them now or later.

"Teamwork is essential, it gives them someone else to shoot at."
Murphy's Laws of Combat #9

TarToSuKkreDate: Monday, 2012-06-18, 01:26 | Message # 8
Thank you for bringing this up to my attention; I've pledged the 125$ package.
I'm not the kind of guy that pays that much for a game usually, but I think those guys nailed exactly what I'm looking for.

Unfortunately, I don't think they will be able to reach their 400 000$ goal.

Uniqu3Date: Monday, 2012-06-18, 15:59 | Message # 9
Yeah, it's going to be wishful thinking for this to pass as anything more than words in the wind. 18 days to make the majority of their pledge.

It looks quite promising too, and mind you KickStarter has a lot of decent stuff rolling around, the shame of the matter is that it's an USA-Only Project (something to with UK/EU laws).

Forums » Discussions » Casual Discussions » Ground Branch
  • Page 1 of 1
Search:

Communications